Thursday, August 21, 2014

Fun Table Project

Back in August I got motivated after we bought this garage sale table and chair set. It sat in our dining room for a few months and started driving me crazy cause it looked so terrible! Finally I did some online research and read some Pinterest posts and decided to make it look better! So for about two weeks I was in the garage sanding, scraping, priming, painting and glazing the table and chairs! It was actually a lot of fun (besides being 7ish months pregnant) working on it! My favorite part was picking out the fabric for the chairs and re-doing those. And when it was all done, it really came together and it is one of my favorite pieces of furniture we own now!

Before
It was pretty bad, not just an ordinarily looking oak color table, but the previous owners had tried to redo the stain and it was all cracked and bubbled and had huge gouges in it too.
20140810 DSC 0001
IMG 1728
IMG 1727
20140810 DSC 0002
20140810 DSC 0004
IMG 1729
The scraping begins! We had to scrape off all of the thick waxy finish the people had redone on it.
20140810 DSC 0059
Then we sanded it all smooth
20140811 DSC 0064
Then I primed it with 2 coats of primer
IMG 1734
I forgot to take pictures of the painting process. But I think I did 3 layers of paint followed by at least 2 or 3 layers of polycrylic. It was a lot of work! But the finished product was so fun to see!

Ta Da… The finished product before your eyes. 
20140825 DSC 0101
20140820 DSC 0096
20140825 DSC 0102
IMG 1776
IMG 1774

No comments:

Post a Comment