Where to start with this pregnancy…It’s been a bit of a whirlwind so far. This is my 22 week picture. Can’t even believe I’m at 5 months already! There has been some pretty crazy things I’ve gone through so far. To name a few.. First there was some horrible morning sickness. The puking my guts out all day for 2 months kind, and laying on the couch or in my bed in-between. Ah that was so rough. I think if it would have gone on much longer I would have lost my mind. Then there was another month of me having the actual flu. It would first hit me like a sore throat and fever, then I would have a miserable cold for the next week. And just about the time I would think I was getting over it, it would hit me again, starting with the fever and sore throat. This went on for a month! I was seriously so fed up and ready to feel healthy again. I have never been through anything like that before where it just kept coming back over and over!
After I recovered from that, I was feeling better for a bit and then got a miserable bladder infection. While I was trying to get over the bladder infection, I got food poisoning over a weekend with more throwing up and barely making it out of bed to use the bathroom for 24 hours. Wow, writing this all out is really making me realize what a crazy time I’ve had!! Well, instead of it getting better, the bladder infection I was treating got worse. After three flare-ups, I ended up in the hospital with a kidney infection over memorial weekend. That was an experience all in itself! I have never been through anything so painful in my life. I really was so grateful for the hospital and doctors at that moment for the help and treatment and glorious pain meds that helped me feel better.
So.. with just a little bit of craziness behind me, I am actually feeling amazing these days. I feel like I’ve finally hit the golden stage of this pregnancy. With more energy, health and maybe just a little stronger mentally after all that I made it through.
I have been getting so excited about this little baby boy coming to our family. I have been feeling him kick and move stronger every day, and as we’ve been thinking about a name for him and making plans for his arrival, I have been overcome with happiness and excitement to meet him! Last night I actually pulled the baby storage bins down and just went through baby stuff just to look at and smell the baby smell on everything. I am so excited to be a mom again!
No comments:
Post a Comment