This Valentine’s Day was so much fun! My super cute hubby made it extra special for me. Every day I’d get a little surprise around the house until Valentine's. I’d find a surprise in a different spot each every day. I’d find them in the fridge, the laundry cupboard, my car, the dishwasher, a windowsill, the bathroom counter, etc. It was so much fun and I started to get excited for the cute surprise I’d find every day. I absolutely love surprises, big or small! I just love the time and thought that goes into any little surprise.
On the back of each little gift, he wrote something he loves about me every day. Some of them were funny, some were cheesy and some were just perfect for giving me a boost in my day.
We had our Valentine’s date the next weekend by swapping with some friends to have an overnight date. We went to Itchiban’s Japanese Steakhouse. So good! Everything tasted so fresh and I loved watching everything being cooked right in front of us. We splurged for the lobster, scallops and steak, which was amazing! The fried rice, miso soup, veggies and cucumber salad were so good too! Wish we had more pictures of the food, but we ate it in courses, so we never really had one big plateful at one time.
After dinner, we headed to the Grand Sierra where we had booked a room. We checked in, took some goofy pictures, then walked around to find the spa. Everything was nice and updated and we had an amazing night’s sleep without having to put any kids to bed or get woken up at 6:30 in the morning. We actually slept all the way until 10! Yes, that is pretty much un-heard of for these parents.
After our refreshing night’s sleep, we headed out for breakfast. We wanted to try squeeze in. We both love going out for breakfast and thought everything tasted great! We shared an omelet and the stuffed french toast. Thanks to our great friends the Lee’s for wanting to do a swap with us. We’ll be giving them an overnighter this next weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment