Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thankful

My heart is so full of gratitude tonight for all of the many blessings in my life. Sometimes I look back at my life at times when I never thought things would work out or when I just couldn't see how we would get through a trial we were going through. Those times and those memories are really the best, treasured memories I have. The Lord has watched over us, protected us and been there for us in all that we have done and learned. 

I am so grateful for my family, the one that I grew up in, the one I married into and the one that is our own. If there’s one thing I have sort of figured out over my life, is that family is everything. They are the ones who we will be with forever, the ones who are truly there for us through everything and know and love us more than anyone else in the world.

Since Brad and I have been married, I have realized how many great and wonderful people are out there just like us, going through similar things, raising kids, church callings, living busy lives. I have come to appreciate what good friends I have made, and for the people in my life who have made me want to be a better person, mom and wife. I really have the best friends ever that accept me wholeheartedly and are such a great support through this fun time of motherhood. 

I never dreamed I would have such amazing little beings in my life who call me mom. I treasure my role as a mother every day. And even though I easily get busy and feel like I should be doing more, I know I am in the right place and the work I am doing with my little ones now is so important in shaping their future and who they become. 

Even though the kids are naturally needing SO much attention, we have always tried to keep our marriage at the center of our family. I love our one on one dates, group dates, our “just the two of us” vacations, our late night pillow talk and each day we learn something new about each other.  Our marriage means everything to me and although some days aren’t all roses, we are truly more in love now than the day we said YES at the altar. 

 

Some highlights of this year’s Thanksgiving

 

Since it was just us this year I wanted to just go out to eat instead of cook all day, but Brad was determined to cook the turkey this year, and he did a great job! 

20131128 DSC 0030

He soaked the turkey overnight in a special brine consisting of salt and more salt, fresh cut herbs, peppercorns and chicken stock. 

20131128 DSC 0013

Yum!

20131128 DSC 0022

Of course it wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without a few yummy sides, so I decided to get over not wanting to cook and made a few traditional things to go with our turkey dinner.

20131128 DSC 0048

20131128 DSC 0046

 

 

 

 

20131128 DSC 0056

This was the best we could do on getting a family picture using a tripod and a timer. In the 10 seconds it took for the timer to go off, Trevor would say CHEESE then turn to look at us.

 

Our boys being their goofy selves

20131128 DSC 0071

20131128 DSC 006920131128 DSC 0067

Trevor just couldn’t get enough of the brown sugar glazed carrots, he almost ate the entire bowl by himself 

  Some Weekend Highlights

 

We got to relax, take turn sleeping in, had walks to the park, put up Christmas lights, enjoyed some time at the Legends mall one day and the Summit Mall the next. We really needed a good weekend together with no stress!

Brad hooked the stroller onto the electric scooter, some creativity I’ll say

20131130 DSC 0083

 Headed to the park

20131130 DSC 0085

Having fun with their little buddy

20131130 DSC 0087

Some Frisbee!

20131130 DSC 0098

20131130 DSC 0116

20131130 DSC 0094

Brad creative shots 

20131130 DSC 0142

20131130 DSC 0152

20131130 DSC 0124

20131130 DSC 0136

20131130 DSC 0158

20131130 DSC 0130

Some fun on the scooter

20131130 DSC 0188

Multi-tasking :)

20131130 DSC 020820131130 DSC 0212

20131130 DSC 0214

Trevor was loving the rides, he would cry if anyone else wanted a turn

20131130 DSC 0240

It was a beautiful day at our neighborhood park

20131130 DSC 0253

20131130 DSC 0255

20131130 DSC 026020131130 DSC 0259

20131130 DSC 0270

Owen and friends playing bey blades20131130 DSC 0271

20131130 DSC 0267

Decorated and ready for Christmas!

20131130 DSC 0274

No comments:

Post a Comment